Carl Harris' Racing Diary Blog

My photo
York, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
NOTE: This blog is updated now by FEED ONLY. Please visit our websites. Racing Diary is at racingdiary.co.uk Get Free Bets @ FreeBetsFinder.co.uk

Thursday, 5 February 2009

Even All Weather in Doubt....

Boy its Cold! The snow has come down again and Huntingdon is off but Taunton goes ahead.. Even Wolves are inspecting ahead of tonight. We have two extremes of venues on offer today, Southwell and Nad Al Sheba. I have been to both places and I can tell you they are world's apart. Which do I prefer, well that depends on the context- for betting Southwell, in all other contexts Dubai wins hands down!!

Before we get stuck into todays racing I must share with you a very funny quote from todays Racing Post Website...relating to McCoy's possible ride on Denman in the Gold Cup
Paddy Power said: "This is outrageous. We haven't taken a bean on anyone else. The money says it's a done deal, but if I was a betting man I'd say there'll be a few twists and turns before D-day. The bag is open and waiting to be filled."
If I were a betting man....? Paddy Power is a Bookmakers with Shops all over the UK and Ireland, a large Internet and a Telephone Betting Operation, one of the major players in the market. If You are not a betting man what are you then? I have often thought they were accountants and not betting men which explains why the refuse bets and close people's accounts..the secret is out eh Paddy! I actually think that is harsh if Sam Thomas is going to get the boot. So much for Harry Findlay's quote when asked about Sam Thomas being jocked off "over my dead body" looks like we may be calling for Miss Marple come March. On the upside my Gold Cup tickets came yesterday, so I will be there again as I was last year!

So Today...
Taunton may be on but its not for me, I reckon the ground may be very testing. Southwell is where I will focus, but again with caution. I said that yesterday and look what happened! There are two horses today I think are well Handicapped. Safebreaker in the first at 1.00. Won first time out for the stable with Spencer aboard and Callan takes over today. I always think Neil (he has ridden for us and ridden winners so I reckon I can call him Neil) will be more positive than Spencer (who has never ridden for us). The victory didn't look like the horse had much in hand, but I think the tactics were wrong.

A horse that did win well last time was Edas that was a four length winner over course and distance. He runs again in the last race at 4.30 but faces a tougher test with four of the eight runners having won last time out.

Bet of the day...probably Safebreaker, but again a sporting bet!

Dubai is good to watch but I can't bet there. I don't know anything about the non UK based runners but I do watch and wish I was there in the warm!

5 comments:

  1. Safebreaker's closest 3 opponents are now pulled out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odds on (in a Handicap) but could still be value! 1.9 to back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite fancy louisiade as an e/w in this race, got 10/1 earlier this morning but is now as low as 6/1 in places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. get in, 5l clear in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winston aboard too, Won well. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments.. They are Moderated and will be posted and replied to.

Previous Months Racing Diary Blogs