
Friday in The Racing Diary is always when we look forward to the weekend. This weekend is going to be a bit of a damp squid, in fact a very wet weekend. This is the current state of play.
Saturday
Meetings Off: Newbury , Warwick, Naas
Remaining Meetings:
Ayr- Inspect at 1pm
Lingfield - AW goes ahead
Wolves- AW may be off Friday so in doubt for Saturday
Kempton (jumps)- Off on Friday may be run on Saturday but must be in doubt
Sunday
Kempton- Only card remaining
My attention is more concerned with what I'm going to do to as its definately a weekend off. As we stand on Firday morning even before inspections we are not left with much and lets face it after NEWBURY was called off its all an Anti-Climax.
My Rant for the Day...IF THEY CAN RACE AT KEMPTON SATURDAY THEN WHY NOT RUN THE NEWBURY RACES?
If they are talking about a card a Kempton then surely they could divert the races that the public actually want to see? An early decision would have given it a chance as trainers could declare or not! I'm sure there would have been a warm welcome. Maybe they can't race at Kempton, but looking at the card it is not even close to Newbury's quality. I just wonder why racing is not imaginative. I'm sure there will be issues about Sponsors etc but I reckon that where there is a will there is a way. Kempton is a Grade One track, albeit less of a venue now the AW course is there, but it could stage Newbury's card nicely.
Newbury was a show piece, Kempton's Friday card is weak, and surely as the course is geared up to open then its not a big deal to put the Newbury races on. Friday's meeting was off, so Saturday would be simply a change of venue. Is it me or is it just a bit obvious?
Saturday
Meetings Off: Newbury , Warwick, Naas
Remaining Meetings:
Ayr- Inspect at 1pm
Lingfield - AW goes ahead
Wolves- AW may be off Friday so in doubt for Saturday
Kempton (jumps)- Off on Friday may be run on Saturday but must be in doubt
Sunday
Kempton- Only card remaining
My attention is more concerned with what I'm going to do to as its definately a weekend off. As we stand on Firday morning even before inspections we are not left with much and lets face it after NEWBURY was called off its all an Anti-Climax.
My Rant for the Day...IF THEY CAN RACE AT KEMPTON SATURDAY THEN WHY NOT RUN THE NEWBURY RACES?
If they are talking about a card a Kempton then surely they could divert the races that the public actually want to see? An early decision would have given it a chance as trainers could declare or not! I'm sure there would have been a warm welcome. Maybe they can't race at Kempton, but looking at the card it is not even close to Newbury's quality. I just wonder why racing is not imaginative. I'm sure there will be issues about Sponsors etc but I reckon that where there is a will there is a way. Kempton is a Grade One track, albeit less of a venue now the AW course is there, but it could stage Newbury's card nicely.
Newbury was a show piece, Kempton's Friday card is weak, and surely as the course is geared up to open then its not a big deal to put the Newbury races on. Friday's meeting was off, so Saturday would be simply a change of venue. Is it me or is it just a bit obvious?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments.. They are Moderated and will be posted and replied to.