I reckon there is gold buried in the cards today, the trick is to find it. I was hoping that the layers would be more generous about General Tufto (5.10 Southwell) than the 1.9 currently on offer. I will be backing this one, despite the skinny odds, to follow up his three impressive wins. Clearly he is ahead of the handicapper and should win again today. This is my best bet today, but is not a price that many like to get involved with.
At a more appealing price is the hat trick seeking Nelliedonethat (4.15 at Ayr). This horse has had nine pounds added to his saddle by said handicapper, but I think, at least in the context of today's race, that this will not stop him winning again. A further rise in the weights in better company may anchor Lucinda Russell's nine year old, but we are concerned only with today and I can not see what there is to beat the inform horse. Something Silver is always backed and never finds anything at the business end (watch him win now I've said that!).
I enjoy watching Nad Al Sheba, but I don't bet there, simply because I do not know anything about the overseas trainers, horses or the form which is a recipe for disaster if getting involved. It is just good racing and great viewing. There should be some good trades today and hopefully we will have a nice result with the above horses today.
BETS OF THE DAY....
5.10 Southwell- GENERAL TUFTO (Best)
4.15 Ayr- NELLIEDONETHAT (Next Best)
Kauto Star For The Gold Cup?It seems Paul Nicholls is not optimistic about Denman which means that Kauto Star is right back in the frame to retain his Gold Cup Crown. I am a huge fan of Kauto Star and I would love to see him win it once again. I'll be there on the day and if anyone else will be give me a shout, we can have a beer!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments.. They are Moderated and will be posted and replied to.