
Officially on Handicap ratings Denman has a minimum of a stone in hand on his rivals. He is far better than all of them, unbeaten over fences, beaten only once over hurdles and the Gold Cup Winner, which is when he was last seen. On all form he is a good thing.
However, there has been 330 days since he last ran and since then he has had heart problems. I did a trainers course at the British Racing School where I had a lecture from a heart specialist and spent an hour listening to what a defibrillating heart is. In short it is quite serious but very curable. Denman has had the best treatment possible, which involves giving him poison, bizarrely but he will be fine now. It is now down to what affect that has had on him. The Champion Trainer feels the horse is fine and he certainly knows.
There will be doubts and it may mean Denman is a decent price (decent in the context of the 1-5 he would be if this race was a few weeks after the Gold Cup Win of last year). I personally think he will win well. This is a serious horse and there is only one horse that will give him a race and that is Kauto Star. We want Denman back to his best, so that the Gold Cup can be run as a rematch, with Kauto fresh it may be a closer affair.
I am going to The Gold Cup and I am praying Denman is fit and well and its all systems go. So in answer to the Question- Will Denman Win... Absolutely YES!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments.. They are Moderated and will be posted and replied to.