Its not often that a Chancellor will put money in your wallets, but today is the day to take full advantage. Lord Chancellor is the bet of the day at Lingfield on a decent day of jumps and all-weather action.
The funniest race title that I have seen in a long time is the 3.55 at Doncaster, The Perfect Wedding Venue Handicap Hurdle. Having been brought up in that part of the world I can definitely tell you that Doncaster is not a dream destination for a wedding, certainly The Maldives have nothing to worry about, but fortunately as a racecourse and the racing it puts on is always very good!
Higgys Boy in the first (1.40 Doncaster) was a big disappointment last time out, albeit in a Grade 2 at Cheltenham, he was stuffed out of sight and is definately not one I would want to steam in to at a short price. King Barry in the 3.20 is in great form at present and chases the three timer this afternoon. I would rather have an investment in him at 4-1 than Higgys Boy at a much shorter return.
However, I will be focusing my attentions away from Doncaster today. I have a keen interest in two horses, Baseball Ted at Ludlow (2.25) and Lord Chancellor on the All-Weather at Lingfield (4.50).
Baseball Ted is a very tough and consistent sort who always gives his all. He has been second on the last two occasions, following what was a decent front running victory in novice company. I think that the opposition is not as strong today as on his recent runs and he should take full advantage. Certainly his front running tactics mean he is one that could be laid in running for a nice profit, but I anticipate nothing going by him.
Usually he would be my bet of the day, but Lord Chancellor looks fantastic value. Trading at 2.52 this morning on Betfair I think this is huge. Given a mark of 84 for a smooth maiden over course and distance he looks very fairly treated, coupled with a lack of inform opposition I think this could be very good value.
My bet of the Day is Lord Chancellor - 4.50 Lingfield
The funniest race title that I have seen in a long time is the 3.55 at Doncaster, The Perfect Wedding Venue Handicap Hurdle. Having been brought up in that part of the world I can definitely tell you that Doncaster is not a dream destination for a wedding, certainly The Maldives have nothing to worry about, but fortunately as a racecourse and the racing it puts on is always very good!
Higgys Boy in the first (1.40 Doncaster) was a big disappointment last time out, albeit in a Grade 2 at Cheltenham, he was stuffed out of sight and is definately not one I would want to steam in to at a short price. King Barry in the 3.20 is in great form at present and chases the three timer this afternoon. I would rather have an investment in him at 4-1 than Higgys Boy at a much shorter return.
However, I will be focusing my attentions away from Doncaster today. I have a keen interest in two horses, Baseball Ted at Ludlow (2.25) and Lord Chancellor on the All-Weather at Lingfield (4.50).
Baseball Ted is a very tough and consistent sort who always gives his all. He has been second on the last two occasions, following what was a decent front running victory in novice company. I think that the opposition is not as strong today as on his recent runs and he should take full advantage. Certainly his front running tactics mean he is one that could be laid in running for a nice profit, but I anticipate nothing going by him.
Usually he would be my bet of the day, but Lord Chancellor looks fantastic value. Trading at 2.52 this morning on Betfair I think this is huge. Given a mark of 84 for a smooth maiden over course and distance he looks very fairly treated, coupled with a lack of inform opposition I think this could be very good value.
My bet of the Day is Lord Chancellor - 4.50 Lingfield

I like the look of Higgy's Boy now his main rival is a N/R - should start the day off nicely (after Northern Empire romps in!)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck. Higgys Task made easier now, but Im wary. Northern Empireshould win, Woodcote won a poor race last time!
ReplyDeleteWhat an AWFUL ride on Northern!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed, prefer Nail Callan! Higgys Boy won easily didn't it! I took a bit IR to recoup what Northern Empire cost! Lord Chancellor been nicely backed I see!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Higgys followed the script much better! Something fishy was going on with Aather, i missed the drift, wouldve been a cracking trade! I like BAAN in the 14:35 at a nice price.
ReplyDeleteI Think the trainer on ATR was honest that the horse needed the run as had issues with weather and gallops. Connections are pretty solid imo
ReplyDelete