At 3.50 at Leicester there will be a Lightning Strike! Get on this one today, it looks a good thing at the prices. I had this as odds on, but you can get 6/5 on Betfair right now. I have said it before that Venitia Williams' horses are in rude health (what does that saying come from?). This horse is a class performer already rated 140 with two wins and a decent third in good company at Kempton to his name this year. I think this is fantastic value and I can not see this getting beat, given a clear round.
The rest of the card at Leicester along with those at Catterick and Lingfield are much less appealing. Moderate stuff today, but it is a Tuesday! I have had a couple of pals barking about a couple at Catterick, but being up in The North I get a lot of big shouts. The two in question at Catterick are Whiskey Magic (3.40) and Chief Dan George (4.10).
Howard Johnson's Whiskey Magic looks to have a decent chance, he could be much better than the opposition and Chief Dan George needs to prove himself today. He is a decent horse, but has just been found a bit short, today could be the day. Indeed that race looks to be full of horses that flatter to deceive and I will be laying Great Approach.
To Cheer You Up on a bleak Tuesday- Here's Dessie Winning the Gold Cup, it may be poor racing now, but when Cheltenham comes it more than makes up for it. This was one of the best days racing I ever had!
Click The Cheltenham Image to the right for some excellent Video features for Chelthenham.
The rest of the card at Leicester along with those at Catterick and Lingfield are much less appealing. Moderate stuff today, but it is a Tuesday! I have had a couple of pals barking about a couple at Catterick, but being up in The North I get a lot of big shouts. The two in question at Catterick are Whiskey Magic (3.40) and Chief Dan George (4.10).
Howard Johnson's Whiskey Magic looks to have a decent chance, he could be much better than the opposition and Chief Dan George needs to prove himself today. He is a decent horse, but has just been found a bit short, today could be the day. Indeed that race looks to be full of horses that flatter to deceive and I will be laying Great Approach.
My bet of the day is Lightning Strike, this one stands head and shoulders above all others today. As long as the horse stands up I think he wins and wins well. I am very sweet on this one today. I am looking forward to seeing Song of Songs over fences, but no way will I get involved at very short odds.
Cheltenham gets ever nearer, this last couple of weeks before the festival is always a bit flat but looking at the entries for the festival it will be well worth the wait! In the meantime we have to make do with moderate fayre, none more so that the all-weather. I have watched some of the performances on the all-weather of favourites and the rides of so called 'top jocks' over the past few days with utter disbelief. You have to be very careful on what you back on the All-weather. I am not suggesting dishonesty, I am merely saying that what I have witnessed is utterly bewildering, whatever the reasons for it. That is why I have huge admiration for stables like Mark Johnston's who provide stability and reliability for punters. Greg Fairley rides every race like its a Derby, that is what you want, not hold em up just so you can look great as you swoop by, you would think they were on Pegasus the distance some jockeys ask these moderate horses to make up!
Rant over!
My bet of the Day for Tuesday
LIGHTNING STRIKE - 3.50 Leicester.
Good Luck.
Cheltenham gets ever nearer, this last couple of weeks before the festival is always a bit flat but looking at the entries for the festival it will be well worth the wait! In the meantime we have to make do with moderate fayre, none more so that the all-weather. I have watched some of the performances on the all-weather of favourites and the rides of so called 'top jocks' over the past few days with utter disbelief. You have to be very careful on what you back on the All-weather. I am not suggesting dishonesty, I am merely saying that what I have witnessed is utterly bewildering, whatever the reasons for it. That is why I have huge admiration for stables like Mark Johnston's who provide stability and reliability for punters. Greg Fairley rides every race like its a Derby, that is what you want, not hold em up just so you can look great as you swoop by, you would think they were on Pegasus the distance some jockeys ask these moderate horses to make up!
Rant over!
My bet of the Day for Tuesday
LIGHTNING STRIKE - 3.50 Leicester.
Good Luck.
To Cheer You Up on a bleak Tuesday- Here's Dessie Winning the Gold Cup, it may be poor racing now, but when Cheltenham comes it more than makes up for it. This was one of the best days racing I ever had!
Click The Cheltenham Image to the right for some excellent Video features for Chelthenham.

good ol des. Ian
ReplyDeleteanother 2 out of 3 karl + a lay today great aproach well beat as well keep it up jim
ReplyDelete