Trading...Wow this is a Roller coaster... to say the least.
I had a mare on one race where it just went the wrong way, I expected the Fav to go out and it went from 2.8 to Odds on. That cost me a couple of Hundred Quid. But I have had a pretty good day.
I gave the Amateur races a miss, old habits die hard but served me well, Ive no interest in Amateur races and I read it Wong, but no harm done.
My first real trade was Bold Rose. I thought this would be backed, but it surprised me. Below is what my trading screen looked like at The Off;

I was watching the race with £41 in the bank (unless it was a void race).
I was able to get Grimes Faith Right- Backed it early then laid it at Evens. The best though was when I got brave (or Stupid) but as it paid off I can say brave...

I was convinced Lady Dunhill would trade short in running as she is a good traveller, but i was unsure if she would win, but knowing the price would go shorter I took the chance and was able to press Green and derive a profit as above,
I did not make too much given the mare I had so Ill put today down to learning, made a small profit which I will spend at PC World tomorrow. I'm going to get a fast Motherboard- I think ill need it, I backed Riguez Dancer too so combined total was healthy.
Day One... in summary- I get it, now I need to make it pay properly and not take a big loss, if its going the wrong way GET OUT- losing £50 is better than letting it get to £200.... lesson learnt. I also wont be doing it In-Running- that's a recipe for disaster!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please Feel Free to Post Your Comments.. They are Moderated and will be posted and replied to.